We respect your rights to privacy under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) established under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the APPs and the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
• mailing or street address;
• email address;
• telephone number;
• profession, occupation or job title;
• ID details including the ID type and number, the place of issue, the issuing authority, the date of issue, and the date of expiry;
• details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
• sources of funds, including personal savings, bank statements, information regarding bank loans you may have, your salary, and any lines of credit and/or personal loans that you may have;
• the purpose of the transaction, for example, whether the products and services are needed for personal travels and tours, education, gifts, or business travel purposes;
• registration details if you set up an account with us (including your username, password and verification information); and
• CCTV images from equipment in place at our stores for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime and public safety.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
• through your access and use of our website;
• during conversations between you and our representatives; or
• when you complete an application.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
• from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities; and
• information about you from other sources with whom we work closely to provide our products and services to you, including third party payment and delivery service providers.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements,
and gather broad demographic information.
We may contract with third party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all
of the following may happen:
• we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
• we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
• we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide products and services to you, and alerts relating to those products and services, and to send communications requested by you;
• to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services or promotions;
• to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
• to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
• to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
• for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Worldex Pty Ltd, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
• to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
• to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
• to enforce any contract entered into between you and us for the products and services we provide to you;
• to notify you of any changes to our products and services or changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
• to enable us and third party websites to display relevant and targeted advertisements, based on your previous behaviour, purchases, or any other relevant information; and
• to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
Your personal information will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, third party product issuers or thid parties providing products or services on our behalf; web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes, including third party payment and delivery service providers, and third parties to verify your identity and for fraud prevention services;
• any third party to whom we intend to buy any new business or assets from;
• any third party whom we may sell the business to; and
• to any legal and governmental or quasi-governmental authority or law enforcement agency as required by law.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes
of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
The personal information that we collect form you and about you may be transferred to, and stored, at a destination outside Austrlia. It may also be processed by staff operating outside Australia who work for us or for one of our third party suppliers. Please be aware that countries which are outside Australia may not offer the same level of data protection as us.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website.
Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Worldex Pty Ltd
Post: D?65 King William Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Tel: 08 7120 2549